Bacon is for Blursday Sweepstakes (National)
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Sweepstakes starts Thursday, May 14, 2020 at 12:00:01 AM CDT and ends Wednesday, May 20, 2020 at 11:59:59 PM CDT (“Sweepstakes Period”). Sweepstakes sponsored by National Pork Board, Clive, Iowa and the National Pork Producers Council, Washington, DC (“Sponsors”) and administered by FleishmanHillard, St. Louis, Missouri (“Administrator”).
2. THIS PROMOTION IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED OR ADMINISTERED BY, OR ASSOCIATED WITH, FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM OR ANY OTHER PLATFORM. YOU ARE PROVIDING YOUR INFORMATION TO THE SWEEPSTAKES SPONSORS AND NOT TO FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM OR ANY OTHER PLATFORM.
3. Eligibility. Open only to legal residents of the 50 U.S. states and the District of Colombia, who are of the legal age of majority or older in their jurisdiction of residence at the time of entry. Void elsewhere and where prohibited. Sponsors and Administrator, and employees, officers and directors of Sponsors and Administrator and their parent and affiliate companies, subsidiaries, and partners (collectively, the “Released Entities”), and each of their respective immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to enter.
4. How to Enter. During the Sweepstakes Period, take a photograph of a bacon dish you prepared using a featured recipe, or of a virtual social gathering you attended at which you enjoyed a bacon dish prepared using a featured recipe, and post it to Instagram or Twitter, tagging @Baconeers (if Twitter or Facebook) or @The_Baconeers (if Instagram), and including the hashtags #BaconforBlursday and #Sweepstakes. Featured recipes can be found at https://baconeering.com/baconneerappyhour. Any photographs showing virtual gatherings should be consistent with the applicable shelter-in-place laws and regulations in your state; the intent is to show how people are connecting online socially and safely. To enter via Facebook, Instagram or Twitter, you must create a new, free account or use your existing account, and your account settings must be set to “public.” Limit one entry per person/e-mail address during Sweepstakes Period regardless of entry platform used. Only fully completed entries are eligible. No automated entry devices and/or programs are permitted. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Proof of submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt. Entrants fully and unconditionally agree to be bound by these Official Rules (as well as any details indicated in the social post or other directions provided about the sweepstakes) and the decisions of the Sponsors, which will be final and binding in all matters relating to the Sweepstakes.
5. Winner Selection and Prizes. On or about May 26, 2020, one hundred (100) potential winners will be selected at random by Sponsors to receive a t-shirt and packet of bacon-themed wrapping paper. Total prize ARV: $1800. Prizes are non-transferable and no substitution or cash equivalent is allowed except that Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize with one of equal or greater approximate retail value. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. Any expenses that may be associated with receipt or use of prize that are not specifically listed herein are the responsibility of winner(s). All federal, state/provincial/territorial and local taxes on a prize, as well as any incidental costs that may be associated with the prize, are the sole responsibility of the winner of that prize.
6. Winner Notification. Eligible winners will be notified by post, direct message or email. If applicable, winners must provide an accurate postal mailing address so that prize can be mailed to the recipient. Prior to being confirmed as a winner, an eligible winner may be required to sign and return an Affidavit or Declaration of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release within ten (10) days of prize notification. If any eligible winner cannot be contacted within five (5) calendar days of first notification attempt, if any prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, if any eligible winner fails to return his/her winner documents within the time set forth above or otherwise rejects his/her prize, or in the event of noncompliance with these Sweepstakes Official Rules, such eligible winner will forfeit such prize and an alternate eligible winner may be selected from all remaining eligible entries, time permitting. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. Potential winners must continue to comply with these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. Limit one prize per person per household.
7. Sponsors’ Rights. Participation in Sweepstakes and acceptance of prize constitutes each winner’s grant to Sponsors and Administrator of the irrevocable and perpetual nonexclusive right to use, publicly display, print, publish, reproduce, distribute, modify, create derivative works from, and provide access to winner’s entry submission, name, address (city and state/province/territory), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, opinions, biographical information and/or any statements made by each winner regarding the Sweepstakes or the prize(s) for advertising and promotional purposes without limitation, in any media, worldwide, without notice or additional compensation or consent, except where prohibited by law. By submitting a photo, each entrant represents and warrants that they have permission from all individuals depicted in such photo to use their image in connection with this Sweepstakes, and/or are the parent or legal guardian of such individuals. Sponsors have the right, in their sole discretion, to disqualify from eligibility any submissions that: (i) depict any person who did not consent to use of their image for this purpose; (ii) contain material that infringes any third-party rights, including without limitation privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights; (iii) have been published previously or submitted to any other third party, including a contest; (iv) depict any content that is inappropriate, offensive or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group; (v) defame, misrepresent or disparage other people or companies or Sponsors, their products or services; (vi) are inconsistent with the positive images and goodwill with which Sponsors wish to associate; (vii) contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, last names, email addresses or street addresses; (viii) are generated by script, macro or other automated or mechanical means or by any means which subvert the entry process; (ix) violate any law or regulation; or (x) are otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules.
8. Other Conditions. By participating, entrants and winners each agree to release, indemnify and hold harmless the Released Entities, from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind in connection with the Sweepstakes or resulting from acceptance, possession, delivery, or use of the prize (including any travel or activity related thereto), including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.
In case of dispute as to the identity of any entrant, entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the e-mail address submitted at time of entry (if submitted). “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational, institution, etc.) responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Any potential winner may be requested to provide proof that such winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry or other proof of identity. The Released Entities are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, network or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost, interrupted or unavailable network connections, Website, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes sponsors reserve the right, in their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Sweepstakes should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, winner(s) will be selected from all eligible participants prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified. Released Entities are not responsible for any typographical, display, input, or other error in any Sweepstakes materials, or for any errors or problems which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, or in the announcement of prizes, including such error that may give an erroneous indication that a prize has been won. In no event will a greater number of prizes than stated in these Official Rules be awarded.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE WEBSITE AND/OR THE SWEEPSTAKES, DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATES WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT.
9. Winners’ Names. A full list of winners’ names will be posted to National Pork Producer Council’s website, baconeering.com, on or about June 5, 2020.