Everything tastes better with bacon. Bacon’s versatility adds bursts of flavor to a wide range of recipes and cuisines.
How to Bake Bacon
Prep Tip: if the packaged sliced bacon is cold from the refrigerator, slowly slide the dull edge of a butter knife along the length between the strips to separate slices.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees.
- If you don’t plan to save the bacon fat, line a lipped sheet pan with aluminum foil. When finished, you’ll be able to easily peel the foil from the pan and discard – minimizing the mess to be scrubbed from the pan.
- Coat both sides of a cooling rack with light cooking spray and place it in the sheet pan.
- Lay strips of bacon across the width of the cooling rack.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove bacon from the oven. Place bacon on a plate lined with paper towel, and pat away excess grease with another sheet of paper towel.