Want pulled pork but don’t have time to wait for 8 hours in the slow cooker? Try instant pot pulled pork. With a few simple ingredients and 60 minutes, your instant pot pulled pork will be ready to serve as soon as you’re ready to eat.
- 2 lb. Pork shoulder, boneless
- Kosher salt, as needed
- Black pepper, ground, as needed
- 1 t. Olive oil
- 1/2 C. Vegetable broth
- For the Pork Shoulder: Season pork with salt and pepper
- Set Instant Pot to Sauté. When setting reads HOT, add oil
- Add pork and brown on all sides, about 3 minutes per side
- Cancel Sauté setting
- Add vegetable broth, close lid with pressure vent closed and set Instant Pot to Meat/Stew. Let cook 60 minutes, then allow pressure to release naturally
- Open lid, remove pork to bowl and shred with two forks
- To serve: Pulled pork can be used on sandwiches, salads, pasta, etc.