Adult & Youth PQA Plus® Advisors
A certified PQA Plus advisor will be a veterinarian, an Extension specialist or an ag educator with a Bachelor of Science degree. An advisor may also be someone with the equivalent of a degree in animal science or a related field, who has two years of recent, documented swine production experience. PQA Plus certification can be completed through either face-to-face training with an advisor or by requesting an advisor to grant access to an online course and exam:
- Contact a certified advisor
- Arrange a face-to-face training OR request access to train online
- If you opt for online training:
- For producers who are new to PQA Plus, be prepared to provide the advisor with name, address, date of birth, phone number, email address and farm information
- For producers who are renewing or have expired certification, be prepared to provide the advisor with a current email address. Providing your certificate number is also very helpful
- When the advisor processes your request to train online, an email will be sent with instructions to proceed
- Complete online training within 30 days of receiving email with access to train instructions
Adult & Youth PQA Plus Trainers
Individuals interested in becoming a Youth or Adult PQA Plus advisor or those needing to renew their advisor certification will need to do so through a PQA Plus trainer. New PQA Plus advisor certification and renewals require face-to-face training with a certified trainer. Trainers can be found with this locator tool. If a training that fits your needs can’t be found, contact a certified trainer in your area.
Face-to-face training dates for advisors, trainers and individuals for Adult and Youth PQA Plus programs are offered many times throughout the year. Find a scheduled training date in your area.