The National Pork Board is looking for the next #RealPigFarming Student Social Forces team. Students will be expected to advocate for #RealPigFarming — a platform uniting pig farmers, academics, youth, veterinarians and allied industry members to discuss how modern pork production really works. Selected students who meet defined milestones will be eligible for a $500 scholarship.
To be considered for Social Forces, please apply by June 28, 2018. Students selected will be notified by July 15, 2018.
Social Forces Details
The Social Forces team will be encouraged to use the #RealPigFarming hashtag and advocate for the pork industry. Through Social Forces, students will increase communication skills and expand their professional network. The team is expected to be active from July through December 2018.
- Between the ages of 18-23 and pursing an undergraduate degree
- Involved in the pork industry
- Understands the importance of pork production
- Strong communication skills and the drive to advocate
- Be an advocate for #RealPigFarming
- Use personal social media channels to spread awareness for the pork industry
- Share National Pork Board #RealPigFarming content with followers
- Approximately 10 students will be selected
- The National Pork Board communications intern will encourage involvement and manage the student team
- The list of scholarship-eligible milestones will be provided to selected team members or are available upon request