A certified PQA Plus advisor will be a veterinarian, an Extension specialist or an ag educator with a Bachelor of Science degree. It also could be someone with the equivalent of a degree in animal science or a related field, who has two years of recent, documentable swine production experience.
PQA Plus certification can be accomplished through either face-to-face training with a PQA Plus Advisor, or by requesting an Advisor to grant access to an online course and exam:
- Contact a certified advisor
- Arrange a face-to-face training OR request access to train online
- If you opt for online training:
- For producers who are new to PQA Plus, be prepared to provide the advisor with name, address, date of birth, phone number, email address and farm information
- For producers who are renewing or have expired certification, be prepared to provide the advisor with a current email address. Providing your certificate number is also very helpful
- When the advisor processes your request to train online, an email will be sent with instructions to proceed
- Complete online training within 30 days of receiving email with access to train instructions
Use the locator feature below or call the Pork Checkoff Service Center at (800) 456-7675 to find out who is available in your area.