The Texas Pork Producers Association is announcing that Ken Horton, the Executive Vice President will be retiring at the end of this year following 36 years of dedicated service to the pork industry. TPPA has begun a search to find a new Executive Vice President.
The application process is outlined in the Job Announcement below.For those interested in the position should send their resume to the TPPA Search Committee and request the Job Description and additional information about the
search effort.The announcement will also be on the TPPA website www.texaspork.org
Job Announcement from Texas Pork Producers Association
Position: Executive Vice President for TPPA
Central Office: Austin, Texas
Category: Chief Executive and Chief Financial Officer
Type: Full Time
Nature of Position:
- Serves as the association's Chief Executive Officer and Chief Financial Officer.
- Responsible to the Board of Directors for the effective conduct of the affairs of the association.
- Recommends and participates in the Board's formulation of association mission, goals and objectives and related policies.
- Within this framework, hires, develops and coordinates programs, evaluates and recommends future direction of the organization's staff, the programs and all activities of the association.
Qualifications/ Background Requirements:
- Education: College graduate with business administration or related applicable degree is preferred. Agriculture emphasis with course work in management and communications helpful.
- Skills: Should possess program/ personnel management talents and an understanding of administrative procedures; a good ability to work effectively with people and to communicate well both in verbal and written form.
- Relevant Experience: Administrative/management work, with experience in a supervisory position is preferred.
- Applicants must submit a resume including contact information for three individuals who can provide critical evaluation of the applicant's qualifications for the position. Job Description and applications available by request. Please submit these materials to: Search Committee, Texas Pork Producers Association, P.O. Box 10168, Austin, Texas 78766; Telephone: 512-453-0615; E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org The salary and benefit package will be competitive and commensurate to applicant's skills and experience. Applications will be accepted until position is filled.